Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Czech Preschool




I think I want to be a teacher. I really like being around kids, and playing with the little children at an English speaking school in Olomouc really helped me remember how much I like to play!
Carole and I did Karate together (and her younger brother Tom too) when we were little, that's how we know each other. Carole decided she wanted to teach karate to the kids at the preschool she has been volunteering with, so she took me over on Tuesday to meet the kids, share Seymour with them (they were talking about families and pets in class) and play!
We had a great time running around and I was really surprised how well the little 4 year olds were chatting in English. Sometimes they would forget and babble on in Czech, but I just said I didn't understand and usually another kid would translate for me. How cool is that? Here are some pictures:


I am back in Alcala with Jess and Joy for only one night, then tomorrow I head to Granada to visit my Spanish friends and host family from studying abroad! I am so pumped! I will be there for several days, then next Tuesday come back to Madrid before flying to Nepal on Wednesday. I am not sure how much internet access I will have in Nepal so if I don't respond right away please don't worry! 

Take care everyone, I love hearing from you! And for all you skiers and snowboarders out there, get ready to make extra turns for me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment